The safety and well-being of our children is of paramount importance to us. Our Safeguarding Policy ensures that there are effective measures in place to safeguard our children from the risk of potential harm.
All members of our school community:
- Are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding and child protection
- Know the procedures that should be followed if they have a cause for concern
- Know where to go to find additional information regarding safeguarding
- Are aware of the key indicators relating to child abuse
- Fully support the school’s commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
The Designated Safeguard Leads in school are Mrs Claire Jones and Mrs Kate Cranage.
Keeping safe from bullying is an integral part of our curriculum. Through our Values-based curriculum pupils learn how to behave towards each other promoting the British values of tolerance and mutual respect.
Prevent is a government strategy designed to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorist or extremist causes. Many of the things we do in school to help pupils become positive, happy members of society also contribute to the Prevent strategy.
Prevent For Schools