As you are aware, primary schools are open to all year groups and we are delighted to welcome all of our children back into school.
Social distancing will continue to be in place between classes, with each class forming a ‘bubble’. To ensure there is social distancing between our class bubbles, school start and finish times are staggered so that all pupils can arrive and leave school safely.
We kindly request that all adults wear a face covering when on school grounds, unless you are medically exempt from wearing a mask. The school office should only be used in the event of an emergency.
All parents should have received a copy of our reopening plan that gives detail on how school will function whilst hopefully offering some reassurance. We have been delighted with how our systems have worked and the feedback from our school Parent Forum has been equally positive.
We are pleased to be able to continue to offer Breakfast and After-School Club and request that all bookings are made online. ‘Pick Time’ is now available to book your places for Breakfast and After-school club.
Our seamless booking system lets you make bookings easily from anywhere in this world. Make a booking with Eccleston Primary School
Start of Day
- Children to be met at allocated gate by a member of staff and directed to designated classroom at intervals. Reception parents will be the only parents who will be able to access the school site to take children to their classroom door.
- Reception, Year 1, Year 5 and Year 6 to enter through gate by allotment at specified time. Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 to enter through gate by the Dell at specified times.
- Parents/pupils to line up at respective gate on markers identified on the floor at specified time. Parents to leave the premises using the one-way system.
- Hand sanitiser station at each gate, this should be used before entering school.
- Only one parent should drop off their child to reduce the number of adults on site, where possible, we ask if that can be a consistent adult.
End of Day
- End of day staggered to prevent congestion. Parents invited onto school playground but asked to social distance using the markers on the floor.
- Reception, Year 1, Year 5 and Year 6 parents to enter at allotment gate. Reception and Y1 parents line up on back playground on designated lines following one-way system. Year 5 and 6 parents to use area outside the hall/Y6 door.
- Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 parents to enter at dell gate and line up on relevant playground on designated lines following one-way system at specified time.
- Only one parent should collect their child to reduce the number of adults on site, where possible, we ask if that can be a consistent adult.
- Staggered timetable including all main elements of a school day.
- Pupils will access a varied and rich curriculum. In the morning there will be a focus on English and maths, in the afternoon there will be one additional session of English or maths each day (alternating daily) straight after lunch. Pupils will then access topic work, PE, RE and PSHE.
- Children will form class bubbles. No social distancing measures required, however, there will be increased handwashing and distancing between other class bubbles.
Daily Routines/classroom setup
- Class teachers greet pupils from their designated gate at the allocated time and direct pupils to their classrooms.
- If any medicine is required for your child, this should be given to the class teacher when you drop your child off at school. You will be asked to complete a form to allow us to administer the medicine.
- Contact with school office and teachers to be encouraged by email and phone.
- Reading books will be sent home with your child – these will be from books that are allocated purely for each class bubble, pupils will choose their book from a wide selection that is available solely for their class bubble.
- Reception and Year 1 classes will continue to learn and play through continuous provision and structured lessons.
- Where possible, desks will face the front of the classroom. Pupils will be able to share a desk.
- Each class bubble will have their own door for entry/exit of school building.
- Assemblies will take place in class with certificates celebrated in class on a Friday.
- Each class bubble will have staggered playtimes and time outdoors.
Breakfast and After-School Club
- Breakfast and After-School club is open.
- For drop-off and collection at Breakfast and After-School club please use the front entrance using the Breakfast/ASC doorbell.
- Parents/guardians to book their child a place using ‘Pick Time’
- Pupils accessing Breakfast and After-School club will be split into their class bubbles within the hall. The hall will be split into relevant zones using cones and staff will monitor to ensure social distancing is adhered to.
- Breakfast and After-school pupils will wash hands before and after using the toilets.
- Pupil belongings will be kept with pupils in the hall in their allocated zone.
- Toys will be used in each zone but cannot cross to other year group zones within the hall.
- Pupils who use Breakfast and ASC to keep their bags/coats in their zone before going to their class at their allocated time.